What would you like to know
- Some original Xbox games appear on the Microsoft Store.
- Titles like Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb may soon become backward compatible.
- Today’s Inside Xbox show is expected to provide more details.
Updated June 10, 2019: Microsoft has revealed that a number of original Xbox games and Xbox 360 games will soon join Xbox backward compatibility. Unfortunately, the team needs to focus on “Project Scarlett”, so these will be the last backward compatible games on Xbox One. Backward compatibility will resume when “Project Scarlett” is launched, it seems. You can take a look at the games below.
- Armed and dangerous
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
- Tom Clancy’s Shattered Cell Chaos Theory
- Tom Clancy’s Double Agent Splinter Cell
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
- asura’s fury
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
- Enchanted Weapons
- Slave: Odyssey to the West
- Far Cry Classic
- Far Cry Instincts Predator
- Indefinite undiscovered
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Movie Game
- Prince of Persia, the forgotten sands
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Too human
- Unreal Tournament III
Since the announcement of Xbox One backward compatibility, gamers have been asking for a few top titles. While the majority of requests revolve around Call of Duty, the Indiana Jones franchise has been another hot series. This morning, a large number of original Xbox games were listed on the Microsoft Store, and it was also reported that they are being upgraded for Xbox One X. Armed and Dangerous, Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb, and Unreal Championship 2 can be seen on the page. There’s an Inside Xbox show in a few hours, so we should find out more. They will likely be backward compatible today.
VPN offers: lifetime license for $ 16, monthly plans for $ 1 and more
Backward compatibility opens the Xbox One to a wide variety of games, spanning three generations of Microsoft consoles. Despite the hardware differences, this remains an outstanding feature, allowing a select library of older games to be played on the console. Although the majority of them are Xbox 360 titles, there are also original Xbox games. To date, gamers have enjoyed over a billion hours of backward-compatible games, and the catalog now includes over five hundred Xbox 360 titles alone.
Of all these, Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb must stand out. It is a third person adventure game with a lot of platforming and fighting. While it might not have received great reviews when it launched all these years ago, playing it at a better frame rate and better resolution should help matters. As with any such leak, take it with caution until the games are officially announced. Personally, I’ll be surprised if they aren’t revealed today, as they appear on the Microsoft Store.
Xbox accessories you’ll love
Each of these quality accessories are guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One
($ 20 at Amazon)
PowerA’s take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers who have mastered all the basics.
Xbox One S Vertical Stand
($ 10 on Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.